Lara Meili, Psy.D.
Dr. Lara Meili is a licensed clinical psychologist who specializes in both psychological testing and therapy. She has expertise in the psychological testing of adults and adolescents for ADHD, learning issues, and extended time for the College Board exams and is the coordinator of adult psychological testing at WFP. Dr. Meili also completes assessments of children for private school admissions and gifted programs.
Dr. Meili’s therapy practice is dedicated to helping adults and adolescents resolve a range of clinical issues and presenting problems including depression, grief, domestic violence, divorce adjustment, and phase of life issues. Her approach to therapy is eclectic but draws largely on humanistic and cognitive-behavioral principles.
Education and Experience
Dr. Meili’s early interest in psychology stemmed from the work she did at a hotline counseling battered women and their children, where she gained knowledge of domestic violence and trauma issues. She went on to receive her Psy.D. in Clinical Psychology in 1997 from Central Michigan University and then completed internships at the Didi Hirsch Community Mental Health Center in Culver City, California and at Central State Hospital in Petersburg, Virginia, where she gained specialized experience in forensic psychology. Prior to joining Westhampton Family Psychologists in 2007, she worked for eight years in the adult outpatient unit at Henrico County Mental Health performing psychotherapy and psychological evaluations.
Dr. Meili lives with her husband, daughter, and an assortment of pets.
- B.A. in Psychology, Binghamton University, Binghamton New York
- Psy.D.in Clinical Psychology, Central Michigan University, Mt. Pleasant, Michigan
- Internship at the Didi Hirsch Community Mental Health Center in Culver City, California
- Postdoctoral training in forensic psychology at Central State Hospital in Petersburg, Virginia
- Experienced in adult ADHD testing
Contact & Insurance Information
- (804) 673-0100 x 205 You can also e-mail her at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Office hours: 9 am to 6 pm Wednesdays and Thursdays
- In-network for Anthem PPO and HealthKeepers HMO